Types of Compensation We Fight for in Motorcycle Accident Cases
When you have been hurt in a motorcycle accident, there are many costs that are obviously measurable, such as medical bills. However, a serious injury will also cost you in other ways that can be difficult to put a price on. Our experienced personal injury lawyers in Hollywood, Florida, will fight aggressively for every bit of compensation you deserve, including:
- Payment for medical bills and estimates of potential future health care costs
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity in the future if you are no longer able to do the work you did before
- Costs to repair or replace your motorcycle, as well as compensation for how the accident may affect the bike’s resale value down the line
- Compensation for your physical and emotional pain and suffering, to account for how your life has changed as a result of the accident
- Damages to punish the at-fault party for extreme behavior or intentional acts
To evaluate exactly how much your motorcycle accident claim is worth, our attorneys will thoroughly investigate the crash and the toll it has taken on your life. Although most cases do end with a settlement, we will be prepared to pursue your motorcycle accident lawsuit all the way to a jury verdict if that is what’s in your best interest.
Contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Florida
Motorcycles require more skill to drive than everyday passenger cars. However, no amount of skill can protect a motorcyclist from other careless drivers on the road. Unfortunately, so many motorcycle accidents could have been completely avoided had the at-fault driver simply paid attention to the surroundings and appropriately followed the familiar advice: SHARE THE ROAD.
Some of the common reasons for motorcycle accidents are:
- Motorcycles are harder for drivers of cars, SUVs, and trucks to see.
- Drivers of other vehicles don’t acknowledge the motorcyclist or obey common “rules of the road,” such as maintaining proper distances or signaling.
- Drivers of other vehicles are speeding, distracted, reckless, or driving under the influence.
- Motorcycles are more susceptible to road hazards and dangerous weather conditions.
- Motorcycles can be easily side-swiped.
- Drivers or passengers in parked cars open their doors into the paths of bikers.
- Motorcycles are more likely to become unstable or “wobbly” at higher speeds.
- Impacts commonly result in ejection for motorcyclists, resulting in serious injury rather than just vehicle damage.
Although motorcycle accidents are often caused by another driver, juries can be prejudiced against motorcyclists, assuming that all those who ride are reckless. As a dedicated motorcycle accident law firm in Hollywood, Florida, we know that stereotype is untrue. In fact, most bikers are more safety conscious because they know they are more vulnerable in crashes. Our legal team understands how important it is to build a sophisticated and persuasive argument to overcome this type of bias, both during negotiations and in the courtroom.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Although any type of auto accident can be dangerous, motorcyclists are especially vulnerable in a collision because they aren’t protected by airbags, doors, roofs, seat belts, or other safety features. Because of this lack of external protection, motorcycle accidents often result in more severe injuries than car accidents. Common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Internal injuries
- Fractured or broken bones
- Torn ligaments
- Road rash
- Emotional trauma
These are the types of injuries that can end careers and change lives forever. If you are coping with any type of catastrophic injury after a crash, you need to speak with our qualified motorcycle accident lawyers in Hollywood, Florida, to learn about your options for pursuing full and fair compensation.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Hollywood
It can be very difficult to get your thoughts together in the aftermath of a motorcycle accident, but there are several steps you can take to protect your rights, including:Seek medical attention immediately, follow all your doctor’s orders, and keep all follow-up appointments.Call law enforcement to file an official accident report.If you can, take photos of the scene and your injuries.Get the names and contact information for the other driver, as well as any witnesses to the accident.Contact a skilled motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible. Do not speak with any insurance company representatives until after you have talked to an attorney about your case.
No matter what happened in the accident, do not admit fault or apologize to the other driver. Limit your communication about the accident to the basic facts, and let your attorney handle the follow-up interviews and investigation.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Our Motorcycle Personal Injury Lawyers Today
For more than 50 years, our motorcycle accident lawyers have been successfully representing crash victims across South Florida, including in Hollywood, Pembroke Pines, Aventura, Hallandale, Ft. Lauderdale, North Miami Beach, Miami, Sunny Isles, Cooper City, Dania Beach, Broward County, Dade County, and Palm Beach County.
We know that you have a lot on your mind after a serious motorcycle accident, including whether you can afford to hire an attorney. At Rosen & Ohr, our compassionate motorcycle crash lawyers take cases on a contingency fee basis, which means we do not charge anything to get started on your case. In fact, we only charge attorneys' fees if and when we secure compensation for you.
Schedule a free, no obligation case consultation with our dedicated legal team today by calling or filling out our online contact form.