We see them on the news all the time. Vehicles mangled in a crash with the news that another innocent person was injured or killed by a distracted driver. The stories are heartbreaking and frustrating, particularly knowing that these types of crashes could be prevented if distracted drivers would just put down their cellphones.
If you have been hurt or lost a loved one in a distracted driving accident, you need to speak with our highly skilled attorneys as soon as possible. Our experienced distracted driving lawyers have a long track record of success in securing maximum compensation for deserving crash victims. As recognition for their efforts on behalf of injured clients, attorneys Ronald Rosen and Jerrad Ohr have both earned lifetime membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an elite group that includes less than 1 percent of lawyers across the country.
Schedule a free consultation today with our knowledgeable and compassionate team. We do not charge any fees to get started on your personal injury claim, and we only collect payment if and when we secure money for you.
Call our Car Accident Lawyers After a Distracted Driving Accident
When you contact us after a crash, our distracted driving lawyers will immediately launch an investigation into your accident to start collecting evidence before it is lost or destroyed. Some of the tactics we will use to build a strong case include:
- Tracking down accident reports from the police to determine whether the responding officer noted that the at-fault driver was distracted.
- Determining whether the driver was ticketed for texting while driving
- Interviewing witnesses about any observed distractions on the part of the at-fault driver
- Obtaining copies of the driver’s cellphone records and details from GPS devices
- Reviewing the driver’s social media accounts to document any posts from around the time of the crash
- Taking photos of the scene, including of the vehicles, traffic signals, skid marks, and any other details that may help paint a picture of what happened
Our team will work with a professional accident reconstruction expert to piece together all the evidence and create a strong narrative of what happened to cause your crash. We will also consult with medical experts to determine the extent of your injuries and how they will affect you into the future.
Schedule a free consultation with our dedicated distracted driving attorneys now to get started on your claim.
Compensation After a Distracted Driving Accident in Hollywood, FL
An insurance company may approach you soon after a crash to offer you a car accident settlement. Trust us when we say this offer will likely cover only a fraction of your true damages from the crash. You should never accept payment or sign anything from the insurance company without speaking to a knowledgeable personal injury attorney.
- Current and future medical expenses
- Time missed from work
- A reduction in your future earning capacity
- Damage to your vehicle, including reduced resale value
- Your physical and emotional pain and suffering
We understand that no amount of money can undo what has happened to you. However, you should be made financially whole again after a distracted driving accident. Let our experienced and determined car accident lawyers put our skills to work for you. We will negotiate aggressively with insurance companies and be prepared to take your claim to court if they refuse to offer a satisfactory settlement.
What Is Distracted Driving?
Distracted driving involves any type of activity that takes a person’s eyes off the road, hands off the wheel, or mind off the task of operating a motor vehicle, according to the Florida Department of Transportation. Some common types of distracted driving include:
- Talking on a cellphone or texting
- Reading emails or checking social media
- Playing games or using apps
- Using the GPS
- Eating or drinking
- Grooming or putting on makeup
- Interacting with passengers or pets
- Adjusting the music
There is no way to create an exhaustive list of the types of distracted driving. However, if you feel the driver who hit you was distracted in some way, you should speak with our experienced car accident attorneys about your right to compensation.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.