Tips for Electric
- Wear a helmet. Electric scooter companies advise riders to wear a helmet, and some cities are enforcing new requirements.
- Follow local scooter laws. Most municipalities require electric scooters to be driven like bikes, off of the sidewalk and in bike lanes.
- Never ride an electric scooter with a passenger. Electric scooters are designed for one rider.
- Test brakes and other components before riding.
- Avoid poor road conditions. Wet roads or slippery gravel are not great places to ride. Potholes and uneven pavement can be dangerous.